We are planning to offer communion at Zion one Friday a month from 1:00-2:30p and from 5:30-6:30p. In order for this to be as safe a thing as possible for members to do, we ask that everyone follow the instructions below.
- Please park in the parking lot (if there are many cars there already, think about coming back at a different time).
- Please observe social distancing in the parking lot, maybe you are fine being closer to people but I assure not all members are.
- We will commune by family group, so it might be 1 person, if he/she is alone, or a couple, or a family that is living together in the same house.
- Only leave your vehicle when you are directed to.
- Enter through the carport door. The doors will be propped open, please avoid touching anything on your way in, if you can.
- Wait by the entrance to the sanctuary to be directed to come in and down the aisle.
- Stand before the table in the front of church. Pastor will give you communion on a paper plate after a short confession and absolution.
- When done take your plate and throw it away as you leave through the side door.
- Exit through either the basement or the car port door.
We do not want to burden anyone's conscience into thinking that they have to come to take communion because it is being offered. If you are at risk or do not feel comfortable doing this, waiting to take communion would not be despising God's sacrament. Our faith can be strengthened by God's word and we can receive the assurance of the forgiveness of sins through confession and absolution. Please do not feel obligated.
If this is too much walking or stair climbing for you, please let pastor know and he can do private communion in a different way at a different time.